In November of 1989, the NPA Board of Directors voted to approve an amendment to the by-laws for certification that became effective on January 1, 1990. The amendment allows the Phlebotomist and other health care workers that have phlebotomy within their job description to become certified through the Reclamation Clause. The guidelines are as follows:
1. Applicant must be currently employed with phlebotomy duties included in their job description.
2. Applicant must have one (1) year or more of working experience. It must be a minimum of one (1) year of paid or volunteer experience. Clinical experience is not acceptable.
3. A letter on company letterhead verifying the length of time of your experience from your employer or supervisor should accompany your application and certification fee of $160.00. Please include supervisor’s email address.
4. Upon receipt of all required documents, NPA will forward your Proficiency Examination Form to your employer. You will be notified of your application status.
5. Upon receipt of your completed Proficiency Examination Form from your employer, the application process will continue. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for the final portion of the application process.